Hey there, fellow pet lovers!
As a notary, I’ve had my fair share of interesting encounters with furry friends while on the job. And while I love animals (especially cats!) just as much as the next person, it can definitely make things a little more challenging when it comes to getting important documents signed. It is fun for me to meet your pets, however, some notaries may have allergies or may not be as comfortable around animals.
So, here are my top tips for managing your pets when you have a notary coming to your home:
- Keep them occupied: Whether it’s a favorite toy or a treat, make sure your pets have something to keep them busy while the notary is working. This will help prevent them from getting too curious and potentially interrupting the signing process.
- Put them in another room: If your pet is particularly energetic or has a tendency to be a little too friendly with strangers, consider putting them in another room while the notary is there. This will not only make things easier for the notary, but also ensure that your pet is safe and secure.
- Use a leash or carrier: If you have a dog or a cat who can’t resist the urge to explore, consider using a leash or carrier to keep them in one place during the signing. This will help prevent any potential mishaps and keep things running smoothly.
- Warn the notary in advance: If you have a particularly feisty or protective pet, it’s always a good idea to let the notary know in advance. This will allow them to prepare accordingly and ensure that everyone stays safe and happy.
- Relocate if necessary: If your pet is having a particularly difficult day or is too anxious around strangers, consider having someone else take care of your pet during the signing. This way, the pet can be kept safe and happy while the signing is taking place, and you won’t have to worry about any distractions.
Remember, while pets can certainly add a little extra excitement to the notary process, it’s important to prioritize safety and efficiency. So, follow these tips and your signing is sure to be a success – for both you and your furry friend!